Reception staff, security staff, and locks and cameras are forms of physical security that are essential in protecting high-risk materials. Protecting, authorising, and controlling access to vital areas using several security layers prevents unauthorised persons to gain access to high-risk materials. Therefore, the physical security key area focuses on authorisation, access control, and physical security measures.
- Layered or fragmented security.
- Types of physical measures.
- Types of security systems.
- Authorisation and control of access.
- Employee awareness and alertness.